As the popularity of the Behavioral Grooves podcast continues to skyrocket, cohost Kurt Nelson, PHD – President and founder of The Lantern Group – has been featured across the airwaves (podwaves?) on an exciting and growing list of podcasts of all shapes and sizes.
Below is a list of the most recent features with a quick blurb about the subject. There are lots of fun conversations here, so check them out and give one (or all) a listen and share!
- Building High Performing teams with Anna Oaks – “Emotions at Work”
Leaderships and executive coach Anna Oaks and Kurt chat about leveraging emotions at work to create more powerful connections and performance.
- Martha Runs the World – “Finding Stability in Times of Instability”
Martha and Kurt Nelson look at an overview of life as it is right now, finding stability in times of instability, behavioral science, and running.
- The Tracy O Show – “The Covid-19 Pandemic. Why did it bring out the worst in people…but also the best?”
Hoarding Toilet Paper, Baby Formula, and more. Tracy and Kurt discuss “The Last Disaster Syndrome” and other reasons people act so strangely amid fear and uncertainty.
- Let’s Get Up Business – “The Psychology of Business: How to Use Behavioral Science to Improve Your Business with Kurt Nelson”
Jordan Ostroff, ESQ chats with Kurt about improving your business by understanding and applying behavioral science.
- LifePix Relationships – “The Reasons That Your Therapist Never Told You”
When you get angry, count to ten. You can’t change your spouse. Use “I” statements. These are things we hear constantly hear, but how do they work? What’s the science behind it? In this episode, Kurt shows us how humans work, why we behave in certain ways, and what we can do to make the change we really want.
- Human Capital Innovations – “Applying Behavioral Science Expertise to Motivate Workers and Lead Organizations, with Kurt Nelson”
Dr. Westover talks with Kurt about behavioral sciences and how interdisciplinary frameworks and expertise can be used to motivate workers and successfully lead organizations.
- Ultimate Marketer – “Behavioral Science in Marketing”
Orlando Rios and Kurt dive into self-motivation, improving decision making, irrationality, and how studying human behavior can impact marketing.
- Courage over Comfort – “Exploring Emotional vs. Rational Perspectives”
As humans, often we think of ourselves as rational beings, but we make most of our decisions based on emotions. In this episode, James Bake and Kurt dive into that more and talk about how we can be more rational with our decision-making process.
- Java Chat – “Conversations with a Behavioral Scientist”
Michael H Kaleikini and Kurt sit down for a cup of Joe to talk about entrepreneurial and professional motivation and overcoming hurdles from a behavioral perspective. They dig into a few deep subjects and get real on what is needed in both the workplace and personal lives when it comes to behavioral health and how to stay up and moving in the midst of any condition we as humans face.
- Rise & Roar – “Harnessing Behavioral Science”
A general discussion on the field of behavioral science. Lots of ground covered quickly but some of the highlights include the often overlooked concept of friction.
- Key Conversations for Leaders – “Closing the Employee Engagement Gap”
Leadership coach John Ryan and Kurt talk about Why Employees Are Disengaged, The Four Drive Model to Creating an Engaged Workforce, How Recognition Reduces Turnover, The Cost of Disengagement, Realizing the Synergy of Communication and Culture, and much more!
- Action Design Radio – “Kurt Nelson and Tim Houlihan – Behavioral Grooves”
What could be better than Action Design x Behavioral Grooves? Erik Johnson and Zarak Khan sit down with Kurt and Behavioral Grooves Cohost Tim Houlihan for a crossover episode. They discuss how Behavioral Grooves was born, favorite episodes, the evolution of behavioral science in general over the 20+ years they’ve both been working in the field, and its infinite applications.
Also, keep an eye out on “Chit Chat with a Queer Coach” for Mellissa Dasilva’s upcoming interview with Kurt and be sure to check out Behavioral Grooves cohost Tim Houlihan’s recent interview with Melina Palmer on the Brainy Business Podcast on the Secrets of Motivation and Incentives.
Some of these are established podcast but many of these are new and growing – show them some love with a share, listen, subscription, follow or like, and let’s help the community grow!
If you know of or run a podcast you think would benefit from a behavioral conversation, reach out below.
Start a conversation! What do you think of these insights?