Thanksgiving! The perfect holiday for being grateful…this is the holiday that is all about giving thanks and being grateful for what we have. What a great idea. A day where everyone in the country looks back at their life and gives thanks for the bounty that we’ve been given.
Wouldn’t it be great if this happened everyday!
That’s what I feel like has happened with my experiment on starting each day being grateful for something. For me, the last few months have been a mini-Thanksgiving everyday. I have found that while I don’t always get the opportunity to blog about it, I have been pretty good about waking up and finding something to be grateful for. It is amazing what that does for your outlook for the day.
I’ve found that it has:
- Brought a smile to my face most days
- Made me focus on what’s really important
- Allowed me to have a little less stress in my life
- Given me the motivation to actually say “thank you” to a few people I normally wouldn’t have
- Brought to life how very lucky and blessed I am
Thank you to everyone who has read these blogs and who has commented. It really has been a very fun experiment that I’ve done. I’m planning on continuing this, but not sure if I will blog about it as much…let me know what you think.
Leave a comment and let us all know what you are thankful for.
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!